Monday, July 26, 2010

Where ya going, Summertime?

I'm reluctant to actually admit that I want my Three Pretties to go back to school.  Frankly, it's just too much pressure trying to keep them busy.  Now, of course, I love having them home!  I love being able to hear all their little secrets and stories.  I love having helpers with housework.  But, good gosh!  It's a ton of work trying to find activities that all three will love.

I'm quite looking forward to this school year.  I'll have a fourth grader, a third grader and a first grader!  And if all works out, I'll be a sophomore in college! We'll be sure and take "First Day of School" pictures of everyone.  Sarge already agreed to take my picture!  I'm hoping that my pretty princess forgot she said that I need a Tinkerbell backpack.  Nothing screams "MOM" quite like toting around children's accessories when there are no children in tow.  Of course, I could wear Jessica Simpson's  mom jeans.

Moving right along...

Update:  So many of you have sent me encouraging emails, Facebook messages and comments regarding my brief autism discussion.  Thank you so much.  Often, even the closest relative or friend has no idea the turmoil and struggle that we face.  I find this to be true across the autism board and not just inside my four walls.  There were days that I was surely not going to finish.  That I was going to throw in the towel and leave.  There are, sadly, days where I'm pretty sure I didn't even speak to Pretty Number One or Two because I was so caught up with Pretty Number Three.  It's not this pretty little world of Jeopardy and Ranching.  It's not like 'Rain Man' or 'Temple Grandin'.  There are days where we are deep in the trenches of autism.  Bleh.  My least favorite days.  However, this has been the greatest joy of my life.  I'm not even kidding.  I've watched Pretty Number Three transform right before my eyes.  She is amazing. We've come so far in six months.  I'm pretty stoked to see what six more months will do!

 And you, my faithful eleven followers, are amazing too.  Thank you for reading my nonsense and allowing me to vent and share my life with Three Divas and a Dude.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment